Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Woven Wall Hanging 1

I'm hooked! These are so much fun and really make you think about design. I found tutorials and inspiration all over pinterest but the most help was from here.  My yarn is from Micheals and Joanns and the loom is from amazon. Here are the links for the two sizes I have (see last photo below): big one, small one. The big one is huge and I found it to be awkward to sit on the couch and do this.

I happen to have pom poms already made from the yarn I used so I put them on the sides.




Below is the back of the wall hanging. This was the easiest and best looking for me to do. Everything else (weaving it back in, etc.) looked bad.


4 comments:

kristin said...

oh i like it, super cool colors! do you follow smile and wave (the gal that did the beautiful mess tutorial)? she does lots of awesome weavings; most may be on her instagram. anyway though, thanks for showing the back of it - i've always wondered what the back looks like on these things.

kms handmade said...

The comments on FB were pretty entertaining! :) This is really cool! I liked weaving as a kid and am fascinated by the big machines for rug making, etc. Your piece turned out very cool, especially with the wood hanger!

sarahmissy said...

Thanks for all the links! I've been wondering how it is done since I saw woven wall hanging like yours on Instagram. Yours looks awesome by the way!

Jessica said...

I can't wait to see what what else you do with this! I think these are so fun. I really want to try it... I just have to figure out what I can make and get past matt.... he tends to be a spoiler with this sort of projects. haha
I was also wondering about the backs so thanks for showing it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...