Thursday, June 12, 2014

Lego Mini Figure Shadow Box


A Lego mini figure shadowbox for me and Jon the girls. I found several on etsy and just copied what they did. I used this huge shadow box from pottery barn kids that I'd for years, cut out thick poster-type board for the insert/background, bought MANY bricks from the Lego store for the figures to stand on and painstakingly made a grid/template from pattern paper so I could line up the bricks somewhat evenly. I then super glued the bricks to the background, then snapped the mini figures to the bricks. I made one for my sister-in-law but smaller. Her shadowbox I got from Michaels. I think these bricks are 2x4's? Two nubbies across by 4 nubbies across? I don't know...

Pretzel girl is my favorite of course.
And here is the shadowbox from the top. It's open and you just drop the whole thing in it as opposed to opening the back. Remember if buying a shadow box for this, to buy one that is deep enough. I had some 12x12 scrapbooking ones that were not thick/deep enough to accommodate the figures and their accessories. I chose the white bricks and white background so the figures would be the star of the show not anything else. On etsy I found some with super colorful bricks but didn't really like that; too much going on.

4 comments:

kms handmade said...

That is super awesome!!! I don't think we have that many cool figures. But I will definitely keep this idea in mind. Way way cool!

Anonymous said...

I want you to know that I F'ing LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I am extremely jealous of this. Seriously, I love it! JennyBean

Corinnea said...

This is not even my sort of thing and I want one!!

Kara Forristall said...

Holy cow, I totally love it!!! If and when... it's on my list =]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...