Thursday, April 24, 2014

Social Climber Badminton Top

A Badminton Top from the Oliver + S pattern and fabric is by Anna Maria Horner called Social Climber with a little bit of linen blend from Joanns (the teal fabric). I used two layers for the flutter "sleeves" with the under one being slightly longer than the other and the edges left raw. 
*
At first I didn't like it. In fact I made this many many months ago. In Germany. Like last September maybe! I thought the colors were too harsh and just didn't care for it. Now I love it. It's the frayed shorts and Emily's hair up and the relaxed look of it. It just looks so cute on her!  
*

um..yes her shirt is not hemmed...and yes I think I'm going to leave it like that. 
Unless you say it looks horrible?!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE this picture! It's my EEEMMMMOOOOOOEEEE! Jbean

kms handmade said...

I love it Jen! I would wear that in grown up size! I really lie the raw sleeves but I bet the hem will drive you nuts. It will fray every time you wash it. But no biggie if you just cut it. Did you put a line of stitching around the bottom? It is super cute and I love your fabric choices!

Corinnea said...

It's so pretty! I love the frayed sleeves. I say hem it if it bugs you but otherwise let it go.

Lightning McStitch said...

I really, really like the double layer raw linen frills. That's how to turn a frill into an appealing feature! The colours are great and they do suit her very well. Now I wish it wasn't winter as I want to go make one of these straight away!

RyanSarahN said...

I kind of love how the raw edge looks on the bottom - I'd keep it if it were mine! Generally this pattern hasn't appealed to be in the past but I love your version of it, may have to give it a shot!

Katelyn R. said...

As you know I LOVE this fabric and I wish I had thought of the turquoise with it! This top turned out awesome! I would leave it frayed. Also I was wearing one of my handmade tops the other day and a lady asked if I made it. I asked if she recognized the fabric and she told me no and that it just looked handmade. I could then hear you in the back of my head telling me that she just gave me the biggest insult! I just don't have your skills.

kristin said...

oh it's so pretty and summery! i like the frayed bits too, though i bet the hem would drive me nuts after a while. ha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...