Friday, January 31, 2014

Thorner Peg People

Let me start by saying: I am not an artist. I can't draw or paint to save my life (It's true Corinnea! I can hear you in my head right now!). My talents lie elsewhere..blah blah blah. But I really wanted to do these for my friend Steffi in Germany before I left. I should have finished them way before they packed up our stuff instead of the week before and I should have bought the bigger ones. These are tiny but I have since ordered and received the large 3.5" ones. Much better (these vary from about an inch to 2 inches)
Steffi has 4 kids and a big dog named Zoe. I am very proud of Steffi's outfit because she's German so she ALWAYS has a scarf around her neck and she has a tank top like this and cardigan. She wears her hair to one side a lot and loves flowers in her hair. 
Left to right: Zoe, Mia, David (twins) Hailey, Tara, Steffi and Josh.
The above picture is how I packaged it for her. Josh didn't have his pockets, button or fly drawn on yet.
These peg people were bought on Amazon (link here) but the new ones I got are from this etsy seller and they are nice and big. I used one doll to practice on a lot, trying different things. I also used a black fine tip marker when I needed to outline in black and a white pen for the white stuff.
*
In other news, we survived our move from Germany to San Diego! Jon is in school in another state but other than that we are enjoying being home. Feels like a vacation though and I'm eating like I'm about to leave again:)  I'm staying with my parents for a while till my apartment is ready. The weather has been unbelievable. I left Germany mid January wearing a jacket to my knees, ugg boots, beanie and gloves. I get here and immediately put on shorts.
And one other little tiny thing. Ava turned 6!! We flew here on her actual birthday so we had a little party the following weekend and my sister flew in from Sacramento! Best gift ever (even though it wasn't my birthday).

3 comments:

Jules said...

YSFT! The peg people are adorable.

Being able to finally attend one of my niece's birthday parties was something I've really been looking forward to. I'm so glad you're home.

kms handmade said...

I love the peg people! They are super cute! I still can't believe how much our kids have grown. Time has gone by so fast! I'm glad you are home safe!

Corinnea said...

Ha! You say you can't do things after you do them?? You may not want to be A PAINTER but these are pretty clever and awesome.

Glad you are settling.

I cannot believe Ava is 6. So glad you get to be closer to your sister!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...