Friday, December 9, 2011

num-nums


This are yummy no-bake energy balls. I don't eat vegetables or fruits so I have to get some roughage from somewhere. The recipe and picture (because my camera sucks!) are from the blog smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com . I made these today in preparation for my long (this time 11 hours straight) flight.

No-Bake Energy Bites

(I changed up the recipe a little because the original has coconut in it. For the original go here).
1 cup oatmeal (I used "extra thick rolled oats wholegrain" not instant)
1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter) I used Skippy Natural.
1/3 cup honey
1/2 chopped peanuts (I used the kind in the can made for ice cream toppings-pre chopped)
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla (don't use more than this or you will only taste vanilla when you eat it. I made this mistake the 1st time..) 



Mix everything above in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated ( I used my stand mixer). Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy! Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
 
This is the 2ND time I've made them so I can really say they are awesome!!


4 comments:

kms handmade said...

Oh cool! I saw these on pinterest and wondered if they tasted good. When are you leaving? I need to send you stuff, but didn't think about you being gone for Christmas... oops.

Corinnea said...

Those do sound yummy...
Have a great trip and time with your family!

pearlswirl said...

Hello Parrish Platz! Those look yummy! Are you already in the States then? Anyways I featured you on my blog as part of my favorite small blogs thing. Go take a look! :)

Ella said...

They look good! If it's not rude, why don't you eat fruits or veggies?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...