Sunday, August 14, 2011

Strawberry Tunic Ottobre 3/08

The Strawberry Tunic.
I made this before I left for America so about 3 months ago! I lost my sewing and posting mojo while in San Diego. Anyway, this little knit top pattern is from a much sought-after Ottobre magazine (3/2008). I finally got this issue on ebay after months and months of waiting for someone to list one. The fabric is from Joann's but purchased on etsy. I love this style top on the girls. Love it. The pattern instructions though were not that great. I had a hard time with the neck binding and will have to make it smaller next time. If you've ever sewn from an Ottobre magazine you'll know that they give very little instruction and even less pictures. But I'll make it again.
Jon's sister Jessica with the girls.
 This past April when we went home on emergency leave, Jon's sister asked me to frame a bunch of photos as a surprise for their mom when she got out of the hospital. I hung stuff in her room too but this wall was my favorite. I also framed this print and this print for each of the bathrooms.

 Pappa J and Grammy Dar paid for a week of Zoo camp at the San Diego Zoo as a gift for Emily's 6th birthday. She loved it!!! Also above is the quilt I am in the process of making for Jon's sister, Jessica. I started it while in San Diego on their Brother sewing machine. It aint no Pfaff that's fo sho! But it did the job. I still have to add borders and quilt it. The fabric is Sherbet Pips by Aneela Hooey and the quilt pattern is Little Ones by Thimble Blossoms. I convinced Jessica to redo her bedroom (after starting the quilt above) so we got new curtains (pink) and I framed this print as a present for her (the blue and pink version which matches the quilt. I swear it does. That blue and pink are in the quilt!).  
*
Isn't jet lag fun? The girls (I suspect Ava woke 1st and then woke Emily) woke me at 2:30am two nights in a row now. Lovely:) So both nights I've been awake from 2:30am to about 11am or so then napped. But I have the hardest time keeping Ava awake after that. Oh how I love that child (strained smile).  


9 comments:

kms handmade said...

So much goodness! I love that knit! I wish I could find awesome knits for adults. It was a neat idea to frame stuff for her to come home to. And I really like that wild things print. I like saying that to Ethan. Zoo camp?! That's awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics of my girls! I like the new top. It is very cute. The picture of Jess and the girls is very cute too. Love, Jen

jules said...

I love the photo of Jess and the girls! That owl top is sooooo damn cute - YSFT!!! It brought tears to my eyes seeing Emily standing next to the sign that said "1st Grade". I can't believe she's in the 1st grade!!!

Adrienne said...

Holy cow, those girls are getting so big! I know I say that just about every other comment, but it hits me in the face just about every post and I just have to say something.

That knit top is just wonderful! I saw that knit at Joann's and very nearly bought some...but I'm chicken. I guess I'm going to have to grow a pair and start trying to sew clothes, with new and exciting fabrics, someday.

Adrienne said...

I use the word "just" way too much. :P

Corinnea said...

Love the top!
The pic of your sis-in-law and the girls is precious.
Like Kelly said, so much goodness in one post!

Norma's Nonsense said...

I agree with Corinnea; when I saw the picture of your SIL and the girls I thought WOW! That is one for framing I would think. Great post Jennifer, as usual. I so enjoy seeing those girls and of course, your sewing creations.

Jessica said...

Very cute top- I love that style! Adorable beach pictures!
Zoo camp? That sounds like so much fun I want to go!
Micah went from sleeping through the night 98% of the time to less then 10% since we have been home from california.... miserable... since he has always slept through. I hope you have better luck getting them back on schedule

Katelyn R. said...

that top is so cute and fabric is just perfect! glad you all are still having such a great time. i would have killed to go to zoo camp... and i probably still would. I think i'm in the wrong major...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...