Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A tree quilt and Christmas Morning

The "lovely little forest quilt" pattern is from here (purlsoho
and the Gnome paper-pieced pattern is from here (artisania) .
I didn't long-arm it, a lady in Montana did.
The back. Not a good photo but you can at least see the quilting.
** edited 10/2016 to add approx quilt dimensions 
and how it's laid out***
So just to recap: the LOVELY LITTLE FOREST QUILT PATTERN is from purlshoho (click here) and it's free. It's a small wall hanging so I made 4 and put those 4 into a quilt.
The GNOMES are a paper-pieced FREE pattern from Artisania (click here) I made 3 or 4 and sprinkled them in the quilt where a tree would go.
Below is a diagram of the quilt. Please understand that I did all measurements AFTER quilt was made so these measurements are APPROXIMATE! 
1/4 seams are included in the measurements.




Christmas morning. Santa is kind of a pig. He just stuffed their Santa bags and ran!
Checking out each others toys.
Emily got a dinosaur holding a blankie and teddie bear from Papa J and Grammie Dar.  And Ava got some super soft hand puppets from Aunt Julia and Uncle Steve.
Uncle Jeff and Cousin Jevin got her these monster feet clompers. We had these when we were little but they were made from large cans and rope.
The other day I sent them outside to play in the snow armed with squirt bottles filled with colored water. You can't see it very well but they squirt it all over the snow. You have to put a lot of food coloring in it or it'll be too faint.

At the Schweinfurt Christmas Market.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

11 comments:

Adrienne said...

Ooh, that quilt looks super cozy. Love it! Did you use a flannel for that backing? It looks flannel-y to me.

It looks like the girls had a great Christmas. Using the red Santa bags for their gifts (I assumed there was one for each of them) is a great idea! I may have to copy it. Merry Christmas!

Corinnea said...

Fun!!

Love the quilt! Montana? Do tell. I miss the long arm.

Glad you guys had a great Christmas!

Unknown said...

Are you kidding?? What a sweet quilt! Did you design it yourself? I LOVE it! Looks like your Christmas was fun. Good job mom!

Jessica said...

WOW that quilt is AMAZING! I love love love it!
You always find the neatest gifts for your kids! You should do a post next year with your top picks!

kms handmade said...

The quilt looks incredible!!! Great quilting design. I love the little gnomes in there! I bet you are LOVING it! The girls are so cute! Your Christmas set up was very cool! Miss you! Hope ya'll find something fun to do for New Year's!

jules said...

Oh, I LOVE the quilt!!!!

I think Santa did an awesome job - I'd like to wake up to big bags full of gifts :) Your house looks so festive and fun!

The girls look adorable. By the way, who's the strange lady behind them in the Christmas Market? (yes, I'm cracking myself up :)

Anonymous said...

I love the quilt. It is beautiful. I think that the bags for christmas thing. Lazy Santa :) The final picture trips me out. Emily looks so different in this picture. It is really cute.

Mary A. said...

I'll try posting this a second time.

Love the christmas pics! I always enjoy seeing bits of your morning and all the cool gifts the kids get.

I love the quilt! The way it was done is so cool, awesome idea!

susan said...

looks like a lovely xmas. your quilt is gorgeous!! can i ask, are all the trees the same size? how big is this quilt? love it!! and your gnomies!!!

Rachael said...

Hi there,

Do you remember what fabrics you used for this at all? Is that a white Kona fabric as your background white? Your color choices for the variety of green are spot on and I would want to replicate it as closely as I can.

Thanks!

Jennifer said...

Hi Rachel,
I think I used bleached muslin for the white parts! As for the greens, I'll have to get back to you. I can see if I still have any of these fabrics. Will you let me know you got this reply? I can't ever tell if the questioner is getting my replies! Thanks Jennifer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...