Saturday, May 1, 2010

Up

Some of you may know that my brother Jeff is a sky diver as well as a ski-diving photographer (that's his hands holding the two people on the ends).
His pictures have been featured in Starbucks, many magazines and he's won some awards.
He took the above picture an entered in a contest.
If you like the photo (you can check out the others and see if you like them better but you don't, need to tell me if you like the others:)
Thanks:)
**
I cut out several patterns and pulled fabrics but I just can't seem to make the commitment. that is a huge problem for me! I have some cotton plaid with a slight stretch that I've had since my Yardage City days and a floral batiste that I made a really cute shirt out of a couple of years ago and have left-overs but I just stare at them. I feel unmotivated even though I have so much I want to do. I want to make my Aunt Karen a kindle cover but I can't seem to get started. I have to feel motivated to do something. I have to want to. And just to clarify: I feel unmotivated to do stuff not uninspired! There is too much I want to do. Maybe that is the problem..hmm...

6 comments:

Katelyn R. said...

I feel the same way... I finally have time to sew and what do i do...? Sit and watch 3 hours of Lost... how sad... maybe if you make something than I will.

Corinnea said...

I will sit and wait impatiently for you to be motivated. Funny, I was flickr stalking you today, going back through your photostream and marking some favs of mine. Don't be afraid, really...

Your Bro takes some cool photos!

Kara Forristall said...

I have that problem WAY too often, when I have too many craft/sewing projects I want to get done, my house is really clean because I procrastinate by re-organizing my house... it's pretty lame.

heck yes, he has my vote! I love his pictures. I checked them out the first time I read about them on your blog, like last year sometime, maybe?

KD Designs said...

I totally get what you're saying! Just let those moments pass. You know it will pass and you'll have to send Jon on vacation with the girls b/c all you will want to do is sew!

Mary H. said...

Cool pictures from your brother! I remember seeing some of his work earlier. :)
Sorry you've got crafter's block right now.
Usually what helps my motivation- after I've had a little break from it- I'll start something small and just seeing the outcome usually helps spark my motivation to want to do more. I'll also keep in mind to only do one thing at a time so I don't feel to overwhelmed or procrastinate too long (I'm REALLY good that though!)
Hope you get some of your motivation back soon so you can do all the things you want - and so I can soon continue to live vicariously through you! ;)

Anonymous said...

When I can't decide what to do first I make a list and then assign a number to each thing. I plug the numbers into Random.org and let the generator decide. At least it is a beginning!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...