Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy!!

Another *finally finished* project!! Well, one down two to go. I still have the other chair and couch to do. I bought 80 yards of this khaki colored twill about 4 years ago. Put it in the basement and told myself it didn't exist. Not really but I did put off starting this huge project because I was scared I couldn't do it. About a year ago I made about 30 yds of piping, covered the 4 cushions and the ottoman and took apart the chair cover to use as a pattern then put it away. Last Sunday I cut out all the pieces and this week sewed them together! I just washed another 10 yards to start on the next chair but I'm so burnt out already! This is a huge undertaking but so worth it. Now I can take the slipcovers off and wash them! This is what I was supposed to be able to in the first place but the furniture store that sold them to me lied about the original slipcovers being washable. Bastards!

This is the chair without the cushion or pillows. All the flaps (the "skirt") are lined and there is a zipper in the back. I know it's wrinkled but it's a slipcover! And it's twill and loose fitting

Back view.
I didn't want to search for a picture of this chair before I recovered it but I did find one of the couch which is exactly the same but longer. In this picture of the couch the cushions have been recovered but nothing else.

Detailed shot of the piping. Yeah! It's done!



8 comments:

kms handmade said...

Oh my ever loving mother of all that's holy... I cannot believe you did that. I bow to your sewing godessness!

Anonymous said...

Here here (or is it Hear, hear) to what Kelly said! Unbelievable talent! Well done on getting that finished.

p.s. Are your children naked and starving? Mine would be!!!

lizy said...

Jenny, Goodness girl you should be a designer. You are way to talented!!!! You do anything and everything. Just beautiful work... :)

Corinnea said...

Wow, great, fantastic, stupendous!!! They look amazing.

Adrienne said...

Kelly took the words right out of my mouth!! The cover looks amazing... You have such incredible talent, really, it's almost unbelievable. Totally cool!!

Jennifer said...

Kelly's response almost made me cry! And then the rest of you..I am so loved:) or the items I sew are loved? Anyway, thank you everyone for the super nice compliments! It's so nice to share this stuff with everyone. For so many years I would show Jon stuff I made and he'd say it was nice...and that's pretty much it so to hear this kind of stuff is awesome! I just said stuff a lot:)

Jessica said...

Good job!! They look great! Love all the pictures on the wall.

My military man and me plus 3. said...

This looks so great!! You are such a talent and I wish I were there in the cold with you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...