Monday, October 6, 2008

Almost almost!

Introducing...the Sophia Bag! Almost finished. I haven't done the lining. I'll get that from the store tomorrow. I'm waiting for the sleeve trim to come in for my costume so I put it aside and started this project again. This fabric is my test fabric. I needed to see if I liked the bag and was OK with sewing it before I used my Japanese fabric.I almost got the pattern to match on the top!
It's a little puffy where the piping is. I think the fabric/seams need to "calm down" a little and settle. Maybe more ironing..
I figured out how to get a double zipper without buying one. I used the heavy duty make-a-zipper stuff we have and put two zipper pulls on it. I used timtex for the sides and bottom (it only calls for the bottom to have timtex) after reading several reviews and seeing other's on FLICKR. They looked droopy and lumpy. I also didn't put piping around the bottom because of reviews. I think it's fine so far without.

10 comments:

Katelyn R. said...

oh, it's turning out so pretty! i love the fabric you chose. now i'm excited about doing my in the future...far future. Good Job!

Corinnea said...

You've done such an incredibly fantastic job on this!!! I am totally impressed with the contruction and I cannot wait to see it tomorrow. You ARE bringing it tomorrow right? I love it!!

Sasha said...

loverly!!! That's a great shaped bag :)

kms handmade said...

Oh wow!!! I love this bag in the picture on the pattern... and you've done an AWESOME job! Everything you make is so professional!!! I can't wait to see it!!!

Kara Forristall said...

Very impressive! can't wait to see the Japanese fabric you have for the next one. I'd like to know more about this "timtex" you talk of... if I can remember to ask you about it at work... OH and I got the third season of It's Always Sunny on DVD =)

Jennifer said...

These are some nice compliments!! Thank you:) Kara: we've watched the 1st 14 episodes. That show is really really funny!thanks for sharing.

Adrienne said...

Goodness, is there anything you can't do? It looks amazing! But then, I would be flabbergasted if you made something that wasn't amazing. :)

Margaret said...

I love the bag, very nice as always. One of the things I sent Ava reminded me of Japanese fabric, but if it turns out to be really ugly, sorry. It's been awhile since I have seen your japanese fabrics.

Corinnea said...

You've been tagged. go to my site for directions.

Anonymous said...

Holy sh--, that bag is awesome!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...