Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Past embroidery projects

Red Work
Wee Wonderful embroidery.
I finally took photos of MOST of my completed or almost completed embroidery. I did all the Red Work before I realized you can do colors! Stupid, I know. But I never knew about embroidery before I worked at the store. I only knew about cross stitch.
I've been feeling crappy mentally lately so I've been sitting on the couch for the last couple of evenings embroidering a special project I'll post about after a certain persons birthday. I watched Troy again after reading Helen of Troy. The Troy movie is not based on this particular book but after reading it I had to watch that movie again since it has all the characters. This book starts with Helen from a young age up till the end. It is from her point of view. And it makes Achilles out to be this horrible, unfeeling monster. In the movie Troy, you don't feel any sympathy for Helen and Paris but in the book you kind of see what "really" happened (this books version anyway). Very fascinating read. Jenny B loaned it to me and now I'll borrow Mary Called Magdalene. There is also Mary, Queen of Scotland and the aisles, and several others that look really good.

6 comments:

Corinnea said...

Almost done with the Tudors. I read the other Boelyn girl and watched the movie loosely based on the book and am intrigued enough to read some history on the times. GLAD I didn't live then!
Really like your embroidery!

Jenny Bean said...

Ok, I want to bring the book, your present, and the stuff for Corinnea's mommy. It's so great that you have JennyB to share books with. Between the two of us, we have shared some great books :)

Jennifer said...

Corinnea: I have tons of "period" movies you can borrow and tons of Biography/documentary type DVDs on the queens and kings of England and France. I am fascinated with Elizabeth the 1st and have many on her. I started the Other Boleyn Sister but then had Ava and put it aside. I bought the movie and liked it. Jane Austen movies are becoming a favorite too. My sister has been recording them on A&E for me. I know what you mean about not wanting to live during those times! I have been to Renaissance Fairs, subscribe to Renaissance magazine and love to make Renaissance costumes but would never ever want to live during that time!!
Jenny B. I work Thursday till 4 so come then:)

kms handmade said...

I remember when you were doing that redwork. Didn't you make a mini quilt out of one of them? I love the Alice in Wonderland stuff!!!

Jennifer said...

I did make a mini! Funny you should mention it because I was trying to find it for this post but it has dissapeared. It was on my desk recently and I moved it to...who knows where.

Anonymous said...

Have you seen Sense and Sensibility or Pride and Prejudice? They're two of my favorite books/movies. If you like those you need to see/read Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, it's the best! It's the only book I've read more than one, 3 times. My sister majored in english literature and had me reading all those types of books, i love old fashioned love stories.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...