Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Emily Larue!!!

Happy Birthday!!
I know she reads my blog religiously so I can tell her how much me and daddy love her and I'll stop there because I will start crying! My baby is 3!! It seems like just yesterday I was in so much pain pushing that baby out..oh wait, that was 6 months ago..with Ava! It's still fresh in my mind. Emily's birth experience is fading. I do know it hurt SOOOOO bad and I'll never forget that. Never! Ava's will probably stick around longer (the pain memories) because she really hurt and the problem with epidural, and she was in the NICU for so long, blah blah. This was supposed to be about Emily and I made it about me! At least I'm predictable:) OK, We love you Emily! Have a fun day at the babysitters and when you get home we'll have all your presents from family waiting for you:)

8 comments:

Sasha said...

YAY! Happy Big Birthday Emily!!! We will sure miss your party this year, but we wish you all the best!! Kisses and LOTS of love, beautiful girl! Love the Werners

kms handmade said...

Haha! Don't you think it's histerical when women (we all do it) find a way to talk about their birthing experiences? My HUSBAND worked it into conversation the other day! It was all I could do to not die laughing!!!

Looking forward to Emily's party! I remember when Haven turned three... ah, so long ago...

Margaret said...

Happy Birthday to Emily!!!! I remember when you told us you were pregnant at the store Christmas party all those years ago. And now she is three. How the time flies! My baby is 10 months and it seems like yesterday I was in the hospital having her. I miss that little baby stage where they sleep all the time, but they keep getting cuter and funner as they get older!

Corinnea said...

Happy Bday Miss Em. We love you too!!

Corinnea said...

LOVE the header!

Jennifer said...

You're funny Kelly! It's so true about women and their birth stories. Before I had babies I would think that these women needed to shut up but now I get it. It's something that happens to you and you alone. Your husband can be there but you're still housing a baby and then expelling it, not him! It's your story and it's a miracle and it's the best and worst thing that will probably ever happen to you, etc. And as a mother I now find other peoples stories or birthing babies fascinating!



I remember telling all of you at the Christmas party too! I was so sick! And I felt like a traitor to you Margaret:) We were the baby haters! Not really but sort of..Now we love OUR OWN babies, right? But not others..oops, did I say that out loud? Time flies...it's sad because Emily will never be this small again. She will never say the things she says now in the same way. I'm going to make myself cry!

kms handmade said...

Haha! The baby haters!

I forgot to tell you that I really love the picture of Emily in the header.

Margaret said...

I think I even remember laughing a little, not in a mean way, but it was a little surprising. It turned out well and Emily will alway have a special place in my heart as the first baby that I really liked! It is so true how having your own changes you. I never oohed an aahed over babied until I was pregnant and expecting my own. Not to say that I have suddenly starting liking kids, but babies have a certain appeal that I never got before then.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...